Arrival and Departure Times
- Guests staying for the full weekend arrive Friday afternoons no sooner than 5PM.
- Guests needing to arrive later than 6 PM on Fridays should make arrangements with Program Administrator in advance by calling the Creative Living office at (978) 470-3165.
- Pick up at Creative Living is at 4PM on Sundays.
- Guests of the GetAway Weekends are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the Creative Living respite house, the building on the property closest to the street.
Guest Personal Belongings and Important Medical Notes
- Guests must be at least 18 years of age and must bring their own personal health, beauty and personal items such as toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, etc. They may also want to bring extra towels if they foresee a need.
- Guests should bring spending money with them ($30). For guests who need assistance with financial transactions, staff will keep the guest's personal spending money in a locked box at the house. Weekend staff will assist guests with money transactions when needed. All transactions requiring staff assistance must be documented for the Department of Developmental Services (DDS). If families would like a copy of this documentation, please make a request for same, at the end of the weekend if possible.
- Guests MUST bring all of their prescribed medications (when applicable) in pharmacy bottles with the following information printed clearly on the label(s): Doctor's name, name of medication, dosage, and times. Even if a person is self-medications, this is a DDS regulation. If a person is not self-medicating, Creative Living must receive a Health Practioner's Order (HPO) in advance of a GetAway, listing all meds taken daily, even vitamins! Topical creams, inhalers, etc. would also have to be noted. HPOs may be faxed directly to 978.470.3115 from Doctors' offices. We are not allowed to administer so much as an aspirin without an HPO.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Total cost per weekend stay is $350.00.
- Full payment is due 30 days prior to the scheduled stay at Creative Living for the reserved weekend.
- For both online and offline registrations, we accept personal and company checks. Please make checks payable to Creative Living, Inc. You also have the option of paying via PayPal if you register online.
- Guests canceling their GetAway reservation in advance will be refunded what they have paid unless the cancellation is made in the two weeks leading up to the Getaway. However, guests, who at the last minute become ill, or experience a family or personal emergency, may receive a refund. Situations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Creative Living reserves the right to cancel the weekend if it does not have enough participants or if there is a staff emergency. Refunds will be given if this situation occurs, but all attempts to fill the weekends will be made.
- Guests who leave the GetAway during the course of the weekend for any reason will not likely be granted a refund. This includes guests who become ill, who negatively impact the well-being or enjoyment of others or who choose to leave voluntarily for any reason.
Other Important Information
- GetAway guests must be in good health, be free from communicable diseases, and have not been knowingly exposed to communicable diseases within the last 14 days. This is to ensure the health and well being of all guests and staff.
- Creative Living does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, religion, economic situation, sexual orientation, or race. We are not able to support those with more intensive behavioral needs at this time.
- While we do have an entry ramp, Creative Living is not fully equipped to provide respite services to people requiring adapted, handicapped accessible or modified facilities, and overnight guests must be capable of navigating stairs.
- Guests must be able to exit the facility with minimal assistance in 2.5 minutes per DDS regulations. If a guest cannot accomplish this him/herself, s/he may bring a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) along for the entire weekend in order to meet this goal in case of an emergency. PCAs may also participate in all or parts of Weekends for other reasons if needed.
- The Creative Living staff member sleeps during normal overnight hours (helping to keep GetAway costs to a minimum). While s/he is available in an emergency, guests must be able to remain in the house overnight without direct supervision. Disturbing others sleep or disrupting the household in any way at that time might cause staff to request that the sleepless visitor be sent home, regardless of the hour.
If you have any questions regarding the information contained in this document, please call the office at (978) 470-3165.